Monday, January 26, 2009

fishing

so, tonight was just another mommy & the kids night. mattie's working....again. no surprise there. his job s-u-c-k-s. but it pays the bills. anywho..............we do our usual. we drive-thru mcdonald's, scarf it down in the car, & come on home. tonight i thought we'd try one of my new dancing with the stars dvd workouts. although i don't make resolutions, i know i need to better myself this year. i need to actually take the meds i'm prescribed & the vitamins so i can kick this anemia stuff once & for all. i need to lose a few pounds, eat better, & just be healthier in general so that i can be the best mom, wife, friend (and all the other titles i am) i can. it was rough. i won't lie. my oh-so-outta-shape butt had a hard time. even rae gave up & she LOVES to dance. anyway, after 60 minutes of cardio i needed to get semi-cleaned up & the kiddos needed a bath. typical stuff for us. BUT, 5 minutes into the bath i hear 2 little ones jumping out & screaming "GROSS'

i knew what had happened before even going in. i knew i was going FISHING.

fishing for logs.

yes, i just said that. when, oh when, will i learn not to put my little beast in the tub before he takes a dump in his diaper? better yet, when will he be potty-trained?!

if anyone would like to come work on that, i'll pay you. seriously. i don't do potty-training.

so until one of you lucky 10 readers (maybe 11 if nance comes over for a read) comes to help me out i guess i'll just keep fishing.

GROSS.

aren't you glad i don't do pictures very often?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6 comments:

Kate said...

I am waiting for, but not looking forward to, the day when Luke does that. Yuck is right! :)

dwalkertx said...

This one time at band camp...no no no, wrong story. My parents had some cousins over one summer to play in our pool. I always loved to wear a scuba mask when in the pool [now I'm a certified scuba diver, go figure]. Anyhow, the cousin left me finding, what I thought was a leaf but turned out to be indeed a floater. I figured this out AFTER I picked it up to toss it out of the pool.

I can't wait to have kids. ;)

darcie said...

EEK! I wish I had some advice for you on the potty training thing - I felt like it was pretty easy potty training the girl as we let her be naked pretty much all the time we were home until she just *got it* and went in the potty all the time - the boy, well, at one year and 10 months he just decided on his own that he should use the toilet too! I owe that one to daycare - the new 3 year old boy that started there is a big hero to our son!! (And is now a hero to us too!)
Hang in there - before you know it he'll be stealing money from your purse and begging for the keys to the car!

SYK said...

Gee ... your favorite niece always ONLY did the #2 in the tub!

Becky said...

I am so glad Gavin doesn't do that...yet!

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW