So today is January 20, 2009. And what does that mean? Why, it's inauguration of course!! And whose inauguration was it? BARACK OBAMA!!!!
I attempted to make the kids watch the actual inauguration ceremony but no luck. Rae can, however, point out President Obama in a crowd, so that makes me proud. Mattie & I watched everyone file in---congresspeople, senators, the new cabinet, the outgoing president & vp, the incoming vp & president, everyone. We listened to all the music (including Arethra's godawful version of whatever the hell she sang). We listened as that whackjob gave the invocation & VP Biden was sworn in. We listened as Chief Justice Roberts f'd up the Presidential oath, causing President Obama to flub it up as well. We laughed. We watched them all file out.
We watched bits & pieces of the new First Family walking down Pennsylvania Avenue & then the entire superlong parade. I cheered. Matt, well, I don't know. He voted for Barack Obama but now is having issues with some of the new President's decisions. We'll see how that goes.
I will say that I'm pretty sick of the race talk already, though. Let me remind you (all 9 of you who read this!) that Barack Obama is just as much white as he is black. I'll stop now.
Anyway, it was a great day in America. A great day for Americans. I have hope for the future & hope for my children's futures.
Now if I could just see a pic of Michelle's dress & those adorable little girls of theirs!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So by your remark...you are just as black as you are white. I do agree that people over play the hell out of the racial card but that statement sounds just plain funny if you ask me. I was watching the Steelers game the other day and I forget all the time that the coach is black. It had to be pointed out that the ex-head coach of the Colts was black. Never occurred to me. Why should it? I don't care what color or nationality someone is. I want to know the person based on who they are, not what they are. It's disheartening that people still have a such shallow vision of the world today.
Don't get me wrong, it is a historic day with the first Black person as President of the US but let it be what it is...
Wow where even to go. I watched and watched and watched. Well until Chad turned Surviorman on. Yes he did. He had no interest. But I turned it back on. He knew how much it meant to me. We were definitely a divided family at election time. I am sure Chad and Matt share some of the same reservations doing what they do for a living. I totally understand what you meant by "he is just as much white as black" I hated the campaigning when everyone was like you should vote for this person because he was a POW or this person because he is black or this person because of XY & Z. I dont' care. I want to know what you are going to do to fix Bush's F'ups. God I am so glad he is gone! ok enough rambling.
Post a Comment