Wednesday, August 10, 2011

coming out of the closet

no, i'm not gay. i mean, i makeout with a chick here & there when i'm drunk, but that doesn't count :P

the other night i had THE most uncomfortable dinner with my parents.....ever. but i came out of the closet to dad about mr sunday.

the convo went something like this:

d: what are your plans tonight?
m: going to the driving range.
d: with who?
(mom beginning to smirk)
m: mr sunday
d: (mispronouncing) mr sumday?
m: no mr suNday
d: who's that?
m: my boyfriend.
d: hmm...that's a funny name
m: i guess so
d: where's he from?
m: india (although the smartass in me wanted to say the town we live in)
d: is he one of the ones people look at funny on an airplane?
m: no. he's pretty white & doesn't wear anything on his head.
d: oh. what's he do?
m: he's an accountant in hburg.
d: oh. what's he doing here?
m: taking the summer off. his parents live here.
d: hmmm.

and that's that. mr sunday is a little upset by dad's reaction. i was actually thrilled he didn't rip me a new asshole or throw me out of the house!

baby steps...
they're still steps, right?!
right.

1 comment:

SYK said...

Hahahaha! I don't understand what Mr. Sunday didn't like about that conversation? What reaction did he want? I thought it was awesome! LOL!!

And, P.S. If these are ACTUAL WORDS that I have to type in to verify who I am ... then I need to brush up on my vocabulary. 'Cuz they aren't any words I've ever seen before!!